Business Process Reengineering
At SA Call Centres, we consider four aspects in the reengineering process:
- People – Often new or different skills and knowledge is required for the new processes. We assist you with the new job design, role definition, job specification and performance criteria for each new/changed position identified.
- Process – The processes go through a detailed mapping to determine what the changes are; e.g. new standard operating procedures (SOP's), new measures of quality, new costs of manufacture and support, etc. We provide the methodology for ensuring that every process in properly analysed, documented and that the new processes are fully implemented, as agreed.
- Technology – New technology often results in large/whole scale changes in a business and often requires that the implementation team can focus holistically on all the important areas of change. SA Call Centres will assist you with the implementation of the technology to ensure that the new jobs and processes are fully implemented and that the proper change management process is followed.
- Premises – The place of work can change radically following a BPR initiative and can require different ergonomics and environmental factors. SA Call Centres will ensure that adequate consideration is given to the working environment to ensure optimal productivity from staff.
Our BPR methodology follows a structured five step process:
- Envision new processes – SA Call Centres will assist you to document the proposal which will include; specifying the reengineering opportunities, identify enabling technologies, and alignment with corporate strategy.
- Initiating change – We assist you with setting up the reengineering team and documenting performance goals.
- Process diagnosis – SA Call Centres will document existing processes and detail affected processes and SOP’s.
- Process redesign – We will assist you to develop alternative process scenarios, develop new process design and design the new jobs.
- Process monitoring – We will assist you to put in place performance measurements; including time, quality, cost, IT performance (SLA's) and to ensure that all new SOP’s are successfully in place and supported operationally.